Banana and oatmeal pancakes
Vegetarian Gluten Free
‘Oats, bananas and cheese all contain substances that can help boost the level of serotonin in our bodies. As well as being our ‘happy hormone’ serotonin is also relaxing, making this a great, gut-friendly supper’ – (Dr. Sarah Schenker, Dietitian).
Servings – Makes 8
- 90g rolled oats (chose gluten free if intolerant)
- 1 banana
- 2-3 drops vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp mixed spice
- 1 large egg
- 60ml of milk
- 100g soft cheese
- 100g raspberries
- Place all ingredients, except the cheese and the raspberries, in a blender and blend until completely smooth, about 30 seconds.
- Lightly coat a large nonstick skillet or griddle with a small knob of butter and heat over medium low heat. Drop batter 2 tbsp of the batter onto the skillet.
- Place the soft cheese into a bowl and fold in the fruit.
- Cook the pancakes until bubbles appear on top. Flip the pancakes and cook until golden brown on underside. Wipe the skillet clean and repeat with the remaining batter.
- Serve with dollops of the cheese and fruit mixture.